Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Sergio Pérez follows Monaco win with two-year contract extension at Red Bull

  • Pérez third in world championship standings
  • Mexican committed to team until end of 2024 season
Red Bull's Sergio Pérez celebrates with teammates after winning in Monaco.
Red Bull's Sergio Pérez celebrates with teammates after winning in Monaco. Photograph: Christian Bruna/Reuters
Red Bull's Sergio Pérez celebrates with teammates after winning in Monaco. Photograph: Christian Bruna/Reuters

Sergio Pérez has signed a two-year contract extension with Red Bull. The Mexican, who won the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, is now committed to the team until the end of the 2024 season.

The 32-year-old is currently third in the drivers’ world championship standings after finishing fourth last year.

Pérez said: “This has been an incredible week. Winning the Monaco Grand Prix is a dream for any driver and then to follow that with announcing I will continue with the team until 2024 just makes me extremely happy. I am so proud to be a member of this team and I feel completely at home here now.”

Pérez, who joined Red Bull at the end of 2020, won the Azerbaijan Grand Prix last season and claimed four other top-three finishes.

This season he has won 110 points from seven races, including his Monaco triumph, while he also claimed pole position at the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix.

Red Bull’s team principal, Christian Horner, said: “‘Checo’ has done a fantastic job. Time and again he has proved himself to not only be a magnificent team player but, as his level of comfort has grown, he has become a real force to be reckoned with at the sharp end of the grid. For us, holding on to his pace, race craft and experience was a no-brainer.”